Losing the configuration

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I lose my entire configuration each time I turn my computer back on.  All the people, websites and applications disappear.  Basically, just the core tiles reappear and then I have to start all over again to enjoy the customization ability of Mosaics.  Can I "LOCK" this?  I'm frustrated because I'm a HUGH supporter of Zune HD and Windows Phone 7, I have both of them and they are flawless!  So naturally I would enjoy Mosaics for my PC.  Does any have any suggestions for me to keep it stable?  Also I tried to uninstall it so that I could re-install it with a clean slate but the program will NOT un-install.....HELP PLEASE!   

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:36 PM

To save your settings just exit mosaic from the mosaic menu and open it again (:

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:15 PM

The problem is that mosaic settings are saved only when you exit. If it crashes, or you shut down your computer without closing it (and thus just killing its process), all modified settings will be lost. I don't know why the developers refuse to fix this.

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM

martianboy, maybe because it's alpha?

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:59 AM

maybe a save setup button in the settings menu to manually save the configuration after tweaks and what not, might be easier then having the program auto save every few minutes as that would be kind of unnecessary. no one can complain then if its there fault thay forgot to save the changed lol.  id like to have an option to have smaller widget panels so you could fit 5 rows on screen, there a bit big for my personal taste but were all picky i guess, maybe and option in the ever growing settings menu. eventually if there is enough you could have the settings in categories as columns that you slide along