Save settings

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:27 AM
Edited Jul 14, 2011 at 4:32 AM

This is a suggestion how about a way of saving your desktop? meaning ok for example if mosaic crashes when I restart mosaic I have to set my tiles all over again which becomes tiresome after awhile or the same goes for if I restart my pc i'll have mo start up but its usually just the time and/or music come up.... in future builds will mosaic have like a "last desktop setting" or something like that so if we start it up again we won't have to config the tiles again and again?

oh and when Pinning applications why is the icon tiny and not big like before..... is that what windows 8 app tiles suppose to look like when it comes out?

Jul 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Until now, i known that the mosaic will save your settings when you exit the mosaic.

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:19 AM
Edited Aug 18, 2011 at 2:19 AM

it does not save on exit for me, it just starts all over. this program is complete garbage if you must redo it every single time it loads. theres no point of it at all. who wants to redo it every time over and over.

Aug 18, 2011 at 4:04 AM
Edited Aug 18, 2011 at 4:06 AM

Hey y'all,

Mosaic keeps your changes (except when it crashes in the middle of pinning tiles),

just be sure you unzip the files in to a map on your hard drive! 

Enjoy.

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM

you have to clean quit mosaic at least once you are done (trough the menu) to save your preferences

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM

whats a clean quit?, i hit exit mosaic on the side bar, is that not a clean quit becuase that does not save the settings for me....

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2011 at 5:30 PM

where do you have mosaic located at? If it is on C:\ or \program files it can not save files because it does not have the rights to

Developer
Aug 18, 2011 at 7:39 PM

We could do something like, every 5 minutes or at every change in a widget or on widget grid, save the grid and options of all.

Possible ? 

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2011 at 4:54 AM
Eraile wrote:

We could do something like, every 5 minutes or at every change in a widget or on widget grid, save the grid and options of all.

Possible ?

saving settings affects performance