Launcher Tile

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I would love to see a Launcher tile that you click on and it opens in a similar way to the People tile. in there you can add shortcuts to Websites or to Applications. i use similar items in Rainmeter and it gives you the flashy desktop but not having to eatup all the space for every item.  not sure if it is possible but love the idea of a Launcher of some sort. i tend to like to have launchers for Apps and Internet.

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:38 PM

yes id say this is the one thing missing from mosaic that is a must have on the basis that the only way to get to most apps is to have lots of tiles or use the default start menu or explorer with brakes the ui immersion a apps hub and tile would be awesome were you could maybe pin favorite apps to the left collum and all other apps found on the system listed from the right on-wards. second to that would be file assess with in a hub like a explorer hub were it has on the far left the list of hdds with its sub folders, selecting a folder with add a new collum of the opened folder and its files and so forth making a collum by collum bread-crumbs effect. it would be nice to have images and videos to display thumbnails and when clicked once will enlarge abit to see the file better it in a similar concept to how the facebook comments are done to reveal more comments, a mini control buttons for audio to quickly play files would be perfect.  A double click to make the image, video or even audio file larger in its own hub over the top of the file hub with play option controls and image editor built in to the hub and maybe a button that when pressed will open a image file in photoshop and a video and audio file in windows media player. text files one click displays text from the file in the next few collums, and double clicked will open a new hub over the top that is a built in text editor.

if mosaic could do this it would be perfect for me, i wounder if half of these features are possible? 

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Hopefully they will add all of those futures