Mosaic keeps crashing (Win 7 Enterprise x64)

Topics: General Problem
Aug 1, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Hi,

I just found out about Mosaic and really want to try it but every time I start it up, it crashes. I have tried running from the normal download on the Mosaic site, as well as the installer people have built for Build 281. Can someone please help?

Please let me know if you need to know other machine specs before you can diagnose.

Thank you.

Keshav

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2011 at 7:19 AM

i need log file (in the logs folder)

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Here is what it says in my log file-

02.08.2011 08:29:28 (ERROR): Mosaic.App An error occured.
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\kmalani\Downloads\Mosaic Build 281 alpha\Widgets\Clock\Clock.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Users\kmalani\Downloads\Mosaic Build 281 alpha\Widgets\Clock\Clock.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at Mosaic.Core.WidgetProxy.Initialize()
   at Mosaic.Core.WidgetProxy..ctor(String path, String name, Boolean isHtml, Boolean isGenerated, Boolean isSocial)
   at Mosaic.Core.WidgetManager.FindWidgets()
   at Mosaic.App.ApplicationStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Thank you.
Keshav

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM

do you have .net 4.0 installed?

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM
Yeah I have .Net 4.0 installed

Thank you.

Keshav Malani
Mobile: 925-348-6837

On Aug 9, 2011, at 5:35 AM, "Ludacris" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

do you have .net 4.0 installed?

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM

is the file available at the path (C:\Users\kmalani\Downloads\Mosaic Build 281 alpha\Widgets\Clock\Clock.dll) ?

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Which file are you referring to? The file you noted in the path does exist. 

Would you like me to upload it?

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM

So I repaired my .Net 4.0 but still no change.

One of the things the error message above says is to "Enable" the "loadFromRemoteSources". How do I do that?

I saw this code on the Microsoft website listed in the log but don't know where/how to execute it.

<configuration>
   <runtime>
      <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
   </runtime>
</configuration>

Thanks,
Keshav
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2011 at 9:06 AM

that fixed in the latest build

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:16 AM
Thanks a lot for your help. It works now!

---
Keshav Malani

Contact Info:
Experience: Zerply Profile

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:06 AM, Stealth2009 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

that fixed in the latest build

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mosaicproject@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mosaicproject@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com