The app you want to see in Mosaic

Topics: New Widget
Developer
Aug 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Hi all, i'm getting back on work :D


First of all, i will fix the Hotmail widget, enabling you (by checking a box in the Options) to see the latest mails, + i'm thinking of other possibilities.
Then, i'm incredibly amazed by Stealth job, everyone "+1" to Stealth please!

 

Now that Mosaic seems to become stable, what do you want on Mosaic? Give ideas. i'm already thinking about a custom Pop mail client, and same for imap. I'm thinking about a Xbox Live app too...
Maybe a Skype one (saw that it might be possible) or a Mumble/Teamspeak one... (though i don't know what could be in).

What about a Facebook app that shows the number of messages you have in your mailbox (seems i can't get the number of notifications, so i will simulate something like with the Hotmail app)

 

Please give us ideas so we could improve this project as fast as we can ;D 

 

 

 

PS: is there an other change you want on Today app?
Also, i didn't explain how the Hotmail app works, but i will put a "howto" pdf to explain you. In fact, i can't know in any way how many mails are unread (due to the mail server protocol) so i had to improvise :P

Aug 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Here are my ideas:

1) http://mosaicproject.codeplex.com/workitem/8650

2) CPU-usage displayed in an app, if possible with diagram

3) pagefile-usage, if possible with diagram

4) Option to pin rss feeds with cllickable links.

Thanks.

Developer
Aug 28, 2011 at 9:43 PM
Edited Aug 28, 2011 at 9:45 PM
email wrote:

Here are my ideas:

1) http://mosaicproject.codeplex.com/workitem/8650

2) CPU-usage displayed in an app, if possible with diagram

3) pagefile-usage, if possible with diagram

4) Option to pin rss feeds with cllickable links.

Thanks.

1) I think that won't be on the first list, i don't even know how it has to be coded in C# and on Windows... i will check for this after :)

2 et 3) ok, i already know how to get this...  it might get harder for drawing cpu / ram /virtual mem diagram, but i will do it ^^ (just let me code it :D)

4) Hmmm i don't think that would be so hard... we got quite this with the Twitter & Gmail app.

 

 

Good ideas :)

 

coding926 wrote:
Eraile wrote:

[...]


Yes, I think there should be a hub in today app.

Okay, will check this, using the Stealth People or Weather widget source code. 

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:04 AM

it would be great to see all widgets with fullscreen hub's!

other than that an rss viewer would be a worthy addition.

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2011 at 3:26 PM

A possibility to pin folders would be a great addition too.

Also the backgrounds of the widgets and apps should be variable. Maybe loading that backgroundcolor from a .png-file in a subfolder. Then users can edit this .png-file if they want.

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:55 PM

i would love to rss title and hub

 

Developer
Aug 29, 2011 at 3:32 PM
email wrote:

A possibility to pin folders would be a great addition too.

Also the backgrounds of the widgets and apps should be variable. Maybe loading that backgroundcolor from a .png-file in a subfolder. Then users can edit this .png-file if they want.

- Possibilty to pin folders, there's no way we can't do it...  We will re-use the Stealth's app pin code.

+1 for Background, i don't think it would be hard. I'm gonna do the things we talked earlier thought :P

 

cya

Aug 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Eraile wrote:
email wrote:

A possibility to pin folders would be a great addition too.

Also the backgrounds of the widgets and apps should be variable. Maybe loading that backgroundcolor from a .png-file in a subfolder. Then users can edit this .png-file if they want.

- Possibilty to pin folders, there's no way we can't do it...  We will re-use the Stealth's app pin code.

+1 for Background, i don't think it would be hard. I'm gonna do the things we talked earlier thought :P

 

cya

Thanks. :D

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2011 at 12:23 AM

By the way, I am just working on the Today tile (actually i had most code done when beta 1 was released) to display outlook tasks. That widget also talks to the lockscreen and displays the next appointment from outlook there. My next thing will be outlook email or the rss reader. no idea yet which one I will make first

Developer
Aug 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Ludacris wrote:

By the way, I am just working on the Today tile (actually i had most code done when beta 1 was released) to display outlook tasks. That widget also talks to the lockscreen and displays the next appointment from outlook there. My next thing will be outlook email or the rss reader. no idea yet which one I will make first

Hi, i'm personnaly looking for an App for the Hotmail Calendar (http://bay04.calendar.live.com/calendar/calendar.aspx), don't know if tis the same calendar on Outlook.

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Are there currently any plans for an automatic update function?

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM

If its not to much work could you guys make a games hub so we can pin application in that hub

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Would you accept a solution that lists your steam games (if loged in and possible) and the Games from Windows Game Explorer (Start - Games) aswell?

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Yes that would work. Thank You

Sep 3, 2011 at 8:05 PM

What do you make at the moment?

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2011 at 5:33 PM

A homepage for a university :D afterwards I will make a widget... then another one and another one. maybe a forth or fifth aswell

Sep 4, 2011 at 7:01 PM

If it is at all possible, a live facebook feed

Sep 4, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Ludacris wrote:

A homepage for a university :D afterwards I will make a widget... then another one and another one. maybe a forth or fifth aswell

I meant what widgets are you working on at the moment.

It is of course normal, that you have a "real" job and this one is the thing which is more important. Sorry.

Developer
Sep 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Hi all, sorry i'm in same situation as @Ludacris... i'm building some webpages ^^'

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:12 PM

LOL @Ludacris & @Eraile stay focust! ;)

 

 

Thanks for Mosaic y'all!

Sep 5, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Edited Sep 5, 2011 at 10:14 PM

How about a widget and page for games on your pc..??

Sorry I see its allready been posted about....;)

Here some page ideas from a spb shell theme..

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2420/wp7heading2.jpg

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:07 AM
Edited Sep 6, 2011 at 12:08 AM

here are some ideas
http://i53.tinypic.com/nmyidh.jpg

 http://i55.tinypic.com/vg5v89.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2nkq902.jpg

and a two button one

http://i55.tinypic.com/2r27ng1.jpg

 

peace

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Good ideas and btw you should think about a battery replacement :P

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I'd like the possibility to switch apps and compare them like in windows 8. I'd like a feed RSS app too (ever like windows 8), and like others have said yet, all the apps with fullscreen hub's...