New Mosaic widgets

Topics: New Widget
Oct 20, 2011 at 1:25 AM

I'm just starting to look at Win 8 metro-alternatives on Win 7 and I was initially looking at Rainmeter but the core framework seems clunky. I also just had some sort of crash in Rainmeter and lost a layout I had spent hours creating. Frustrating to say the least. I think the core system of Mosaic looks much easier and more reliable, but am wondering if I am missing all the user-created widgets, or are there simply none created yet? I am a developer and would probably create a few to suit my needs, and which I would share, but wondering what people felt about Mosaic in regards to user base and ongoing community involveement.

Thanks

Oct 24, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Look at the Source Code. Download the latest version of Mosiac and try to compile it. And what? Yea, Errors. If I'm wrong tell me. I don't know is it possible to add widgets for executable program. You know what I mean. I haven't seen any widgets which were created by users.

Best regards, Sergiusz

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2011 at 9:25 AM

There are only some widgets created by the developers, they can be installed from Mosaic store

Egirssuz, the code is compilable, you just need to add references to some libraries from mosaic

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I have some ideas for new widgets, can the developers create their:

1. News

Just RSS Reader

2. Notes

Where people can white anything.

And something for new versions of Mosaic.

1. Upgrade "Web-sites"

Can you create a Setting page, where people can edit URL and ICON?

2. Taskbar.

I see, in alpha version there are a taskbar. Mosaic will have a taskber, havn't it?

3. Block size

Can you create some script for edit size a blocks?

|________| |___|

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Please build the ideas of iliaY! You will be much better then as Newgen. Also: can you make widgets of chrome and skype? If you dont want, so please make a tutorial, how we can do our own widgets with the sdk.