As the name suggest, I want to use more than one of the same widget in my strip. I am trying to monitor the weather for a few different cities, but all with no luck.
- Adding the same widget twice
- not possible. Clicking the same widget twice will delete it. (Should be how the author designed it)
- Creating multiple instances of the same widget by copying the <widget> line in the mosaic.config file:
- works only once. The two tiles share the same settings file, so if I change the options on one, it is written into the .config file for that tile (which affects both instances created).
- i.e. If I copy the <widget> line for the weather widget, I can get two tiles of weather widgets. Modifying the optionS can allow me to see weathers of two cities at the same time.
- BUT when I go into hub mode, both displays the last-set city. If I restart Mosaic, both will show weather of the same city.
- Copying the widget files in the "widget" folder to actually have separate config files for each:
- has the same problem as above.
- Mosaic still recognizes them as the same widget and will only write settings to the first one found.
Is there a way, if at all possible, to actually create two Separate instances of the same widget?